PIKOM, THE NATIONAL ICT ASSOCIATION OF MALAYSIA is the association representing the information and communications technology (ICT) industry in Malaysia. Its membership currently stands at 1000+ comprising companies involved in a whole spectrum of ICT products and services which commands 80% of the total ICT trade in Malaysia.
Under PIKOM, a total of 4 Chapters were formed to better serve the members and industry: -
- Outsourcing Malaysia
- CIO Chapter
- Regional Chapter
- Angel Chapter
As a non-profit organization, PIKOM is managed by a team of Council elected by the members every year during the Annual General Meeting. Click here to view the current Council.
Click on link to view PIKOM corporate profile.
PIKOM works to improve the business climate in the interests of all its member companies and to promote industry growth in line with national aspirations.
To view the complete list of PIKOM members, click here.
To be the Voice of the Malaysian ICT industry.
Formed in August 1986, PIKOM is ambitioned to creating an environment that is conducive to the health, prosperity and competitive nature of the ICT industry. In line with this, PIKOM aims to be a catalyst for the growth of the ICT industry in Malaysia.
What we do
- To spearhead, promote & encourage development of resources, professional skills and programs in the local ICT industry.
- To represent the local ICT industry to the Government and private sector both local and overseas.
- To provide a platform for ICT players and users to meet, network, learn and share ideas in order to bring the industry to the next level.
- To foster high standards of conduct, service and performance throughout the ICT industry.
- To promote and market local ICT services to the region and overseas.
PIKOM has taken on the task of growing the size and capability of the ICT industry in Malaysia by creating opportunities for its members as well as all Malaysians to capture the benefits offered by advances in ICT.
PIKOM's membership is open to all companies who supply ICT products and services in the computing and telecommunications industries. PIKOM offers a range of services and activities, which provide opportunities for informed dialogue and profitable networking. However, non-ICT and foreign ICT companies are also welcome to join the Association as associate and overseas members.
- Priority booking and special rates for PIKOM's flagship events and exhibitions organised by the Association;
- To have your company listed in our online portal;
- To be given priority in marketing and promotion in events and activities undertaken by the Association;
- Best platform to grow your business through PIKOM's partnership with MDeC and Matrade as well as ASOCIO, APIA, WITSA organises missions to tap new markets and leverages on its regional and global networks;
- Meet ICT end users and potential customers;
- Enjoy discounted rate / free admission to our special learning events;
- Exclusive discount on training courses and workshops initiated by the Association
- Access to PIKOM’s Research Report
- Use of PIKOM new building’s facilities
- Support in Export Promotion
PIKOM actively participates in annual dialogues with the Ministry of Finance (Budget Dialogue); Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI); Malaysian Royal Customs and Excise Department; Standards and Industrial Research Institute of Malaysia (SIRIM); Ministry of Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs.
PIKOM is a member of the Asian Oceanian Computing Industry Organization (ASOCIO). Established in 1984, ASOCIO aims to promote, encourage and foster trade between its various members and to develop the computing industry in the Asian and Oceanian region.
Membership in ASOCIO provides PIKOM members with the added opportunity to network with its 21 full members and 7 guest members from the rest of the world. ASOCIO is recognized as the international representative body of the ICT industry in the Asian- Oceanian region, PIKOM can leverage on its expertise to position itself in a similar fashion.
PIKOM is a member of the World Information Technology and Services Alliance (WITSA), a consortium of 73 ICT industry associations from economies around the world. WITSA members represent over 90% of the world IT market.
Founded in 1978 and originally known as the World Computing Services Industry Association, WITSA has increasingly assumed an active advocacy role in international public policy issues affecting the creation of a robust global information infrastructure. WITSA has a real impact on the global ICT environment. It strengthens the industry at large by promoting a level playing field and by voicing the concerns of the international ICT community in multilateral organizations.
Asia & Pacific Internet Association (APIA) , established in 1997, is a non-profit trade association whose aim is to promote the business interests of the Internet-related service industry in the Asia Pacific region. Its Mission is to build human resource infrastructure for the Internet and to foster the efficient, stable, and sustainable development of the Internet in the Asia Pacific region. APIA also provides the legal entity to support the Asia-Pacific Regional Internet Conference on Operational Technologies (APRICOT).
Malaysian Service Providers Confederation (MSPC) was launched on 2nd June 2009 and was duly incorporated as a Company with Limited by Guarantee without shares (CLBG) under the Companies Act 1965 on 2nd April 2010. Its objective is to provide a platform and focal point for all service providers to formulate common strategies in dealing with the government and make recommendations and submissions on behalf of its members